Collector trust and transparency are a critical part of the Artsy experience. We work with the top galleries around the world and our partners take pride in their own high standards for maintaining trust and transparency with clients. In the rare cases that a partner fails to follow our policies and guidelines, we may take action with regards to your account, such as unpublishing works, suspending your use of Buy Now, Make Offer, and Make Offer in Inquiries, or suspending or terminating your account.
Here are the most important things to watch out for to keep your account in good standing:
- Keep the availability of your works up to date (whether listed for inquiry or via Buy Now and Make Offer). "Hedging" (listing a work for purchase that you do not have the right to sell in order to solicit demand) is not permitted.
- The works you list must be authentic and you must have the right to sell them. Any plagiarized, stolen, or fake listings may result in immediate termination. You are required to accept a return and offer a refund if a sold work proves inauthentic.
- All works must be accurately described, including, but not limited to, the condition of the work, signature and inscription information, edition number, and materials used.
- All works must meet our listing requirements. If a work does not meet the requirements, it will be unpublished by Artsy.
- Treat all users with respect. We are working to foster a community of mutual respect. We ask that you treat each user as you would a client that walks into your gallery.
- Ship works promptly and with care. Whether you’ve sold a work via Buy Now, Make Offer, Make Offer in Inquiries, or Inquiry, ship works promptly using a trusted shipper. Insure your works, and if something goes wrong, work with us to make it right for the collector.
Our team is here to make Artsy a safe and trusted place to buy and sell art. If you have any questions about our marketplace policies, please email your Account Representative, ask via Partner Support in your CMS Live Chat or email [email protected] to learn more. If you see something suspicious, email our dedicated Trust & Safety team at [email protected].