Learn more about how to seamlessly export artworks from your Artlogic database and edit them in Artsy CMS.
Step 1: Setting up your Artsy Integration in Artlogic
Note: you must first enable the integration in your existing Artlogic database.
Once enabled, you will be prompted to match the status & availability of your artworks, connect your artists, and connect your artworks to link existing records between Artlogic and Artsy.
Step 2: Export artworks from Artlogic to Artsy CMS
Read this article on Artlogic to learn how to export a single artwork or multiple artworks in Artlogic.
Useful tips before exporting:
- Exported artworks will appear as unpublished in CMS.
- Artwork prices will not include tax.
- If an artwork has multiple artwork images, ensure that you enable the preference “include all images when publishing Private Views, exporting to Artsy and creating reports” under the artwork record’s “Image” tab in Artlogic.
Step 3: Edit and Publish artworks in your Artsy CMS
Once you have successfully exported artworks from Artlogic to Artsy, you will find them located in your Artworks tab. They will be unpublished.
The following metadata fields for each artwork will carry over:
- Price and price currency
- Additional information
- Exhibition history
- Confidential notes
Note: Only works that are unique and editioned multiples (for any editioned work) will automatically transfer over during the export process. Please be sure to check the classification field and reselect the appropriate classification where necessary.
Additional fields may be required in order to publish. Required fields are indicated by a purple asterisk. To begin editing, click the “Get started” button.
Step 4: Enable "automatic synchronisation" between Artlogic and Artsy
To enable "automatic synchronisation", visit your Artlogic account and go to Other > Admin > Preferences > Core preferences > Integrations > Artlogic + Artsy integration to select specific preferences for the automatic updates.
Here are some things to note before you begin:
- Artwork records must be connected between Artlogic and Artsy before you are able to automatically update them.
- Once the update is sent from Artlogic to Artsy, this will be automatically published on your Artsy live page.
- Automatic updates are only pushed from Artlogic to Artsy, and not vice versa, i.e. any changes that you make in Artsy will not automatically reflect in Artlogic.
- You cannot undo updates made to Artsy via the automatic updates feature through your database.
- The only Artlogic fields where you will be able to apply an automatic update to Artsy are: Stock number, Retail price, Series, Photo credit, Description, Exhibitions, Literature, Provenance, Status&Availability.
To learn more about editing your artworks in CMS, read our “Editing an Artwork” guide.
For any questions specific to Artlogic, please contact email@example.com.
Please sign in to leave a comment.