This article will provide instructions for adding installation shots to a show or fair booth.
Add installation images by clicking to the “Install Shots” at the top of the page for the show in the Shows & Fairs tab.
To upload installation images, click the “Add Install Shots” button highlighted in purple above. Drag install photos into the box or click to select images from your Finder.
- All images uploaded to a show should be JPG or PNG files and meet a recommended size of at least 1000 x 1000 pixels.
- Image files should have a file size less than 30mb.
- Ensure filenames do not include periods other than in the filetype extension, quotation marks, commas, dollar signs, spaces, or other similar symbols as these can cause errors in image processing.
- At least three installation shots are required for Installation Images to display on your Artsy show page.
Recommendations for Cover Images and Install Shots
- Light the space to the maximum, or with as much natural light possible. If that's insufficient, use Photoshop to bring exposure/levels up.
- Provide level, wide-angle shots from multiple perspectives, and capture several artworks in your space.
- Add a person for size reference (an anonymous back shot or a blurred moving shot will help keep the focus on the artwork, not the person).
- For online shows: you can hang the artwork on any wall and use that as a cover image. If using 3D renderings, use simple, well-focused renderings to place the artwork.
Things to Avoid
- Don't add graphic design or text on the cover image or install shots (it's redundant—everything about the show including your gallery name, dates and location already appears next to the cover image)
- Don't use a portrait-oriented artwork as the main cover image (it will appear cut off)
- Don't place artwork in 3D renderings that emphasize the room/interior and take away from the artwork