When you enable two factor authentication for your Artsy account, you will receive 12 one-time login codes. Download the codes and store them in a safe place on your computer.
In the rare event you are locked out of your account, you can use one of your personal 12 codes to login. From there, you can change the two factor authentication method and regain access to your account.
- Login to www.artsy.net
- When prompted for the authentication code use one of the 12 backup codes.
- Click on the person icon in the top right corner and select “settings.”
- Scroll down to the section titled “Two Factor Authentication”
- Disable your current method of authentication and re-enable two factor authentication for your new device.
- Log out and log back in to ensure you are receiving the automated two factor authentication codes
Please note that these are one-time-use codes. If you need to regenerate a new set of backup codes:
- Follow steps 1-4
- On the section titled “Back Up Codes” select “Regenerate”
- Save your personal codes to your desktop to store in case of an emergency
If you are still unable to login please contact email@example.com and we will be more than happy to assist you.