This article provides more information about how Artsy Shipping works. With Artsy Shipping, we calculate shipping costs for collectors upfront. The collector chooses a shipping option, pays for it, and you’re provided with either a shipping label or collection information from ARTA.
Artsy Shipping is the default shipping option for all artworks U.S. domestic orders sold with Buy Now or Make Offer and Make Offer in Inquiry.
Learn more about Getting Started With Buy Now and Make Offer.
Note: You will not be able to opt a work into Artsy Shipping once a Make Offer in Inquiry offer has been submitted. To use Artsy Shipping on your order, this option must be added to the listing before the Make Offer in Inquiry offer is received.
Step 1: Add the correct metadata fields in your CMS
Add your artwork location, total dimensions with frame, and artwork weight.
Step 2: Opt into Artsy Shipping
Note: Eligible works already published to Artsy will automatically be opted into Artsy Shipping.
Step 3: My order has been received, what’s next?
- Shipping will be calculated at the checkout. The collector will select their preferred shipping options in the checkout flow for Buy Now or Make Offer and Make Offer in Inquiries.
- You will receive an email of the order.
Note: The Artsy fee is dependent on which subscription plan you are on.
- You will get a final review of the artwork location and add shipping contact info before confirming.
- You will receive a shipping label from ARTA within 48 hours of confirming the order.
- The order status updates when your shipping label has been scanned or when ARTA collects the order. This triggers a “shipped” email to the collector.
Step 4: Check in on the status of your orders
There are new, descriptive status labels in your Orders tab.
Step 5: What Next?
If you printed a shipping label, you’ll need to package the artwork and schedule the appropriate carrier to collect it or drop it off at a location convenient for you.
If you received collection information from ARTA, there is no need to package the artwork, as an ARTA representative will come to pack, ship, and insure your artwork.
For more information about Artsy Shipping, check out our FAQs about Artsy Shipping