This article provides a step by step guide on the process of receiving and accepting an order through Buy Now and Make Offer and Make Offer in Inquiries.
Important note: As of September 1st 2021, all eligible partners must enable Stripe. For assistance in setting up Stripe, review Getting Started With Buy Now and Make Offer or reach out to the Partner Support team at email@example.com.
- The order or offer comes into the gallery’s CMS. The gallery will be notified both in their CMS and also to their contacts via email.
- The gallery now has a 72 hours response window to either approve, counteroffer or decline the order or offer.
- The order or offer is approved and the payment is immediately captured by our payment processor, Stripe. The payout is then initiated (less Artsy's service fee).
Note: Our system is hard-coded to ensure that galleries are not able to approve any order without confirmation that the payment has been secured in full.
- The artwork is now prepared for shipment. We recommend that this is done within 7 days of the order's approval to ensure the best customer experience.
Note: If your artwork is sold with Artsy Shipping, the payment for shipping will go directly to Artsy who will manage the shipment of your artwork. To learn more about Artsy Shipping, review How Artsy Shipping Works.
- If this is the first Buy Now and Make Offer sale, the payout occurs from Stripe within 7-10 days. For subsequent sales Stripe issues the payout within 48 hours.
- The Gallery now needs to enter the tracking information into CMS and to mark the order as complete.
For any questions regarding orders and offers, please reach out to our dedicated Orders Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding shipping your artwork with Artsy Shipping, please contact email@example.com
For more detailed information, please review our article, Managing your Orders & Offers.
Marketplace Support team can also be reached by phone:
Monday- Friday - +1 (332) 334-7914
9 am- 1pm EST/ 2pm - 6pm GMT