We understand that artworks often use provocative, offensive or illicit materials to make a statement. Our mission is to build a marketplace that supports the vast diversity of artistic expression. However, in order to comply with state and country laws, there are some materials and items that are not allowed to be listed.
What materials are not allowed?
- Drugs, alcohol or tobacco products
- Food products
- Explosives, guns or other weapons
- Hazardous or toxic materials
- Currency, lottery tickets or gambling equipment
- Third-party identification documents or sensitive personal or financial information
- Bodily fluids or body parts
- Live animals
- Property containing material from endangered or threatened plant or animal species
This list is not exhaustive and is subject to change. For our most up-to-date list of restricted materials, please view our Seller’s Agreement, and be sure to review it if you have any questions about whether a work is prohibited from being listed.
If we identify a work that contains restricted materials, we may remove it, and your account may be subject to additional action, such as suspension from use of Buy Now and Make Offer selling options, or in severe cases termination.