Note: This guide requires access to Artsy CMS and Artsy Consignments. To learn how to get access, read this guide.
This guide will explain how to view artworks and submit offers in Artsy Consignments. To begin, go to cms.artsy.net and log in with your Artsy credentials. Then, click on the Consignments tab on the left column.
Viewing an Artwork Submission
View a specific submission by clicking on the artwork image. The left panel includes the artwork details:
- Submission ID
- Signature details
- Certificate of Authority (COA) information
- Artwork location
- Price expectation
- Date the submission was created
Sending an Offer
The right panel allows you to enter an offer for the artwork. To enter an offer, you’ll be required to enter the following proposal details:
- Additional Fees
- Sale Details
- A note for the consignor
- Optional Internal notes for Artsy
Once you click on “Submit Offer," you will not be able to edit your offer in Artsy Consignments. For edits, you will need to email an Artsy specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you are ready, click on “Submit Offer.”
Tips for entering an offer:
- Consignors are less likely to respond without the commission rate being offered upfront. If you are offering a reduced commission rate, please be clear about this. Consignors are more likely to accept reduced commission rates.
- Providing the exact sale date makes the consignment process faster.
- The internal notes field for Artsy can include the following: Whether there is room for movement on the commission rate and/or estimate, if there is an alternative sale date and/or location, and general notes to Artsy specialists.
- Once an offer has been sent out to the consignor, it is not possible to amend it.
After Your Offer Has Been Sent
Once submitted, an offer is sent directly to the consignor, and you will be notified by email of their response.
- If the consignor expresses interest in your offer, we will proceed with an introduction.
- If the consignor has rejected your offer and you want to make a counter-offer, go back to the artwork submission page to do so.
- Please feel free to follow up via email at email@example.com on any pending offers.
When Your Offer is Accepted
Once your offer is accepted, we ask that you keep us informed throughout the process of selling the work.
- It is important that you inform Artsy when an introduction has resulted in a signed contract as artworks will remain in Artsy Consignments until you indicate to Artsy that the agreement has been signed and the work is no longer available for consignment.
- As Artsy is in regular contact with the consignor, please let us know of any changes to the sale schedule, estimate, or terms.