This guide contains helpful tips and practices to ensure you are using Artsy safely. We recommend following these guidelines as closely as possible.
- Make sure you are using a strong password. Strong passwords are considered over 8 characters in length and comprise of letters, numbers and symbols. They contain letters in both uppercase and lowercase. (Note: Artsy's requirements stipulate that passwords include at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one digit.)
- Avoid "obvious" passwords like '12345678', 'password', or your name
- Avoid storing passwords digitally in notes apps or emails
- Do not share your password
- Avoid reusing passwords. If your email account and Artsy account can be accessed with the same password, both accounts will be more susceptible to hacking. The password you create for your Artsy account should not be the same as any password you use for other accounts.
Think your current password isn’t strong enough? Change it here.
Note: Enable Two-Factor Authentication for log-ins. Two-factor authentication is an important security feature that can protect your log-ins, especially for systems like Artsy CMS. When you enable it, you add an extra layer of security to your account by requiring a one-time security code generated by an app or sent to you via SMS to be submitted each time you log in. Review directions for How to Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
Do not share sensitive information over insecure lines of communication like text message, email, or WhatsApp. Sensitive information would include your credit card information, user name, password, birthday, and so on.
If you need to share this information with your liaison or within your gallery, please do so over the phone or in person.
If an employee leaves your gallery, please let your liaison know as soon as possible to prevent them from logging into CMS.
Payment, Orders, and Shipping
Set up Stripe to securely accept payments.
Do not send a work until you have received payment from the collector.
If you see a suspicious inquiry, please email [email protected] to report suspicious users.
Technical Best Practices
Keep your browser up-to-date. Artsy strongly advises using Google Chrome for the smoothest and most secure experience. Chrome will automatically update.
It's wise to use a password manager like OnePassword or LastPass if possible.
Our team is dedicated to keeping your Artsy account safe. If you have any questions regarding security at Artsy, please feel free to reach out to our dedicated team at [email protected]