Updated June 1st, 2021.
As a marketplace, Artsy works hard to connect collectors to the high-quality works they come to Artsy to look for. We do this through our partnerships with galleries and also through our listing requirements that dictate the items that are allowed to be listed on the site.
The following requirements were developed by our specialists based on what performs well with Artsy collectors and our specialists’ knowledge of artists and artists’ practices.
Our listing requirements are continually updated based on the above qualifications; as such, it is possible that there are comparable items currently listed on Artsy.
Artsy does not allow the following items to be listed:
- Posters (signed or unsigned)
- Exhibition catalogs
- Announcement cards/postcards
- Monographs (i.e., books about an artist's practice)
- Ephemeral materials that are not art (ex: Signatures on mediums other than artworks, pages from books, sketches/doodles, keychains, pillows, vinyl records, etc.)
- Unlimited or unknown editions
- Pages from portfolios, magazines, or books
- Any Banksy work without a Certificate of Authenticity from Pest Control
Artsy allows sellers to list art and design, which includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Unique and limited edition works
- Unlimited or unknown edition items from pre-1900s or pre-1920s in the case of photographs
- Merchandise or collectibles by artists for whom this is an important part of their practice, for example
- KAWS companions
- Jeff Koons editioned balloon dogs
- Daniel Arsham relics
- Takashi Murakami toys
- Bearbricks & art toys manufactured by Medicom Toys
- Toy/sculpture editions by artists that are not individually numbered but have an official edition size (ex: edition of 500, 1000)
- Skateboards that depict works by a known artist
- These must be authorized by the artist or their estate and must be listed as Ephemera or Merchandise.
If a work does not meet our listing requirements, our catalog operations team will unpublish the listing and notify you of its removal. In the case of uncertainty, the team may reach out with instructions to amend the listing or request additional information. If the listing is not updated or our team does not receive the information we request, the listing will be unpublished.